The most popular tourist ticket
- Includes public transport ticket
- 3 children up to 14 years travel free of charge
- Valid for 2 to 6 days
- Save up to 50% at 180+ attractions
- With CityGuide and map
- NEW: 72h and 6 days without public transport
Travel across Berlin -
with your Berlin WelcomeCard
The Berlin WelcomeCard is your ticket for all public transport within Berlin and, if you wish, also outside the city area.
- TitleFree travel with all busses, trains and ferriesDescriptionYour ticket for all public transport within Berlin.
- TitlePotsdam or BER Airport? Select tariff zone ABC!DescriptionSelect ABC to explore Berlin's surroundings or if you land at BER Airport.
- TitleCarefree free travel in Berlin & surroundingsDescriptionValidate once and use for the entire period. Children up to 14 years of age travel free of charge with adults.
Discounts from 25% up to 50% at more than 180 attractions
Discover Berlin and save money: more than 180 attractions, sights, restaurants and stages are waiting to be explored!
- TitleDiscover Berlin's most amazing sightsDescriptionHighlights and classics await: visit the Berlin TV Tower, GDR Museum, Madame Tussauds and many more.
- TitleNumerous discounts in all of BerlinDescriptionSave money at famous sights, city tours, in restaurants and theatres.
- TitleGet your tickets cheaperDescriptionA minimum of 25% off the regular price is guaranteed with your Berlin WelcomeCard.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Berlin WelcomeCard.
Use and validity
1. You can buy the Berlin WelcomeCard online or at any of our many sales outlets.
2. Validate the public transport ticket before your first journey on the public transport system in Berlin. You can find ticket validation machines on tube and city railway platforms or in the buses and trams. And remember – only validate your ticket once. Your Berlin WelcomeCard and public transport ticket is now valid for the specified validity period indicated on the ticket.
3. If you have an online ticket (print@home), please note that online ticket is only valid in printed form. Therefore, please print the ticket in A4 format and carry it with you. Unfortunately, tickets on electronic devices can not be accepted at this time. Online tickets (print@home) do not need to be validated and are valid from the time indicated on the ticket.
4. To benefit from the discounts on attractions and services, you must always show your ticket to each discount partner before using the discounted services. Check the partner's page to see how the discount is redeemed.
5. Information on the Berlin WelcomeCard without public transport ticket (Berlin WelcomeCard BASIC) can be found here.
The AB fare zone covers Berlin’s urban area.
The ABC fare zone covers not only the city of Berlin but also Potsdam and Airport Berlin Brandenburg (BER).
Unfortunately not. You cannot extend the Berlin WelcomeCard AB fare zone by adding a single connection ticket for the C fare zone. If you are flying into Airport Berlin Brandenburg BER or planning to visit Potsdam, we recommend the ABC ticket.
The 48-hour and 72-hour tickets are valid for exactly 48 hours or 72 hours. For hardtickets, the ticket is valid from the moment of validation. Online tickets (24h/72h variant) are valid from the selected validity day and time.
Example: You have opted for the 48-hour Berlin WelcomeCard. You validate the ticket when you first travel on public transport on Saturday at 9:30 am. The Berlin WelcomeCard and public transport ticket is then valid until 9:29 am on Monday.
The 4, 5 & 6 day variant is valid from the first calendar day of use (for hardtickets) or from the calendar day indicated on the ticket (for online tickets) until midnight of the last calendar day.
Example: You have opted for a 4-day Berlin WelcomeCard. If you validate the ticket at any time on Tuesday, the Berlin WelcomeCard and public transport ticket is then valid until midnight on Friday.
To benefit from the discounts on attractions and services, you must show the valid ticket (not the CityGuide) to each discount partner before using the discounted services. You may also find information on discount redemption in our list for redeeming discounts (PDF). You can conveniently order some tickets with Berlin WelcomeCard discount online here on the website. Click here for an overview of available tickets.
Do you offer discounts for groups or children?
No, the Berlin WelcomeCard is valid for one adult.
For all variations of the Berlin WelcomeCard, you can be accompanied by any number of children under 6 years old on public transport for free.
For all variations, the adult card holder can also be accompanied by up to 3 children from age 6 up to and including 14 years old on public transport for free.
Children aged 15 and over need their own ticket.
Unfortunately not. The Berlin WelcomeCard is specially designed to include discounts. No other reductions (e.g. for senior citizens or students) are offered.
Online or as a mail order ticket:
- in the Berlin Tourist Info Centres
- in many Berlin hotels and in retail outlets
- at sales points and public transport ticket machines (BVG and S-Bahn Berlin). To collect your accompanying CityGuide, simply present your ticket at a Berlin Tourist Info Centre or one of the BVG + S-Bahn public transport sales points
- in the BVG buses
- Hardtickets: available for AB and ABC fare zones
This is the ticket you can buy in Berlin (at the Tourist Info Centres, hotels, retail outlets and public transport (BVG and S-Bahn) sales points and ticket machines). Before using puplic transport, Hardtickets must be validated (stamped) just once.
- Online Ticket: available for AB and ABC fare zones
After the booking process is completed, the ticket is sent to the email address you entered. You can then print the ticket out. The ticket is valid from the printed time. It does not need to be validated.
- Mail order ticket: : available for AB and ABC fare zones
- Details on the delivery charges are available at shop.visitberlin.de/versand; average delivery times within Germany are 5 working days (sent with DHL), in countries within Europe 5-10 working days and in other countries 10-14 working days. More details in our terms and conditions.
Just present your valid or printed ticket in any of the Berlin Tourist Info Centres and you will be given your inclusive CityGuide and city map. You can also obtain your CityGuide and map from the at the Welcome Center at Airport Berlin-Brandenburg BER. The CityGuide is also available as PDF download.
- First day of use; for 48-hour and 72-hour tickets, first day of use and time of validation
- Ticket holder’s first and last name
- Email address for confirmation email
- Postal address
- Details of preferred payment option
- /node/1793Credit card (Mastercard, VISA, Amex)
Unfortunately not. The tickets can neither be cancelled or refunded. It is also not possible to exchange the ticket for one valid for a longer or a shorter time. You can find all the details in our terms and conditions.
If you have any questions about your booking, please contact our Service Center at reservierung [at] visitberlin.de.
You are already in Berlin and have a problem with your Berlin WelcomeCard? Then please contact the staff at one of the Berlin Tourist Information offices.
The delivery of online tickets for the Berlin WelcomeCard by e-mail can take up to 30 minutes. Please also check your spam folder. If you still have not received your tickets, please contact our colleagues at the Berlin Service Center at reservierung [at] visitBerlin.de or contact the Berlin Tourist Information on site.
After you have selected your desired Print@Home ticket in the ticket configurator and placed it in the shopping cart, you can check all ticket details again in step 1 in your shopping cart.
In step 2, enter your billing details. Please make sure that you enter your e-mail address correctly. This is important because your tickets can only be sent to you if you enter the correct e-mail address.
Under "Important participant documents" you specify a ticket holder for each Berlin WelcomeCard.
You can then select your desired payment method and complete the order.
After completing the payment, you will land on an order confirmation page in step 3. Here you will see a summary of your order. You will see your booking number and you have the option to download your booking confirmation as a PDF file. You will also receive the booking confirmation with your tickets by e-mail.
Please note: In case of high booking volume, it may take up to 30 minutes for your booking confirmation to be generated by the system and for you to receive it by email. Please also check your spam folder. The sender of your booking confirmation is reservierung [at] visitberlin.de.
The booking confirmation contains an overview of your booked tickets on page 1. On the subsequent pages you will find your tickets. Please print out your Berlin WelcomeCard on A4 size paper.
This is what the Print@Home ticket of the Berlin WelcomeCard looks like (sample):
For more information, contact our Berlin Service Center team by email at reservierung [at] visitBerlin.de (reservierung[at]visitBerlin[dot]de).