Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island
For culture lovers
- Across Berlin by bus & train
- Save up to 50% on 180+ attractions
- Valid for three days
- Free CityGuide including a city map
- Free admission to the museums of the Museum Island
Discover the Museum Island
For three days, the Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island offers free admission to the most important museums.
- TitleFor art lovers and culture enthusiastsDescriptionFree admission to the Alte Nationalgalerie, Altes Museum, Bode-Museum, Neues Museum and "Pergamonmuseum - Das Panorama".
- TitleDiscover world cultural heritageDescriptionThe Museum Island with its famous museum buildings is considered a unique synthesis of the arts with an international reputation.
- TitleFree admission to the museumsDescriptionGet your free tickets by showing your Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island at the museum ticket office.
Across Berlin - with the Berlin WelcomeCard
The Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island is your 72 hours ticket for all public transport within Berlin and, if you wish, also outside the city area.
- TitleFree travel by U-Bahn, S-Bahn & BusDescriptionYour ticket for all public transport within Berlin.
- TitlePotsdam or BER Airport? Simply book tariff zone ABC!DescriptionTo explore the surrounding area of Berlin or if you land at BER Airport.
- TitleCarefree free travel in Berlin & surroundingsDescriptionValidate once and use for the entire period.
Discounts from 25% up to 50% at more than 180 attractions
Explore Berlin and save money: 180+ attractions, sights, restaurants and stages are waiting to be explored!
- TitleDiscover Berlin's most amazing sightsDescriptionTrue classics await you: visit the Berlin TV Tower, Berlin Cathedral and many more.
- TitleNumerous discounts in all of BerlinDescriptionSave money at famous sights, city tours, in restaurants and theatres.
- TitleGet your tickets at a discounted priceDescriptionA minimum of 25% off the regular price is guaranteed with your Berlin WelcomeCard.
As an extension to the classical Berlin WelcomeCard variants, there is also the Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island for art and culture enthusiasts. In addition to the services of the Berlin WelcomeCard 72h Berlin AB or ABC also gives you free entry to the museums of the Museum Island (special exhibitions are excluded). For three consecutive days, the holders of the Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island can visit for free the famous museums (Ancient National Gallery, Ancient Museum, Bodemuseum, New Museum and exhibition Pergamonmuseum. Das Panorama) of the Berlin Museum Island.
Please note the opening hours oft the Berlin Museum Island: On Mondays, the National Museums in Berlin are closed.
The Berlin Museum Island
The Museum Island in Berlin is the northern tip of the Spree Island - and it is also a magnificent work of art itself, involving world-renowned museums gathered in an extraordinary ensemble. The many outstanding exhibits include the Nefertiti and the Pergamon frieze.
Since 1999, the museum complex in the city centre of Berlin has been the only architectural and cultural ensemble that is considered part of UNESCO World Heritage.
Bode-Museum: The museum houses an extensive collection of sculptures and treasures of the Museum of Byzantine Art and the Numismatic Collection.
Neues Museum: Since reopening in 2009, the Egyptian Museum and the Museum of Prehistory and Early History have once again found a place to display their treasures in the museum. The showpiece of the New Museum is the bust of Nefertiti.
Alte Nationalgalerie: Built between 1867 and 1876 the museum Alte Nationalgalerie features works of Classicism, Romanticism, the Biedermeier era, Impressionism and early Modernism.
Altes Museum: Designed by the architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel, it was thus the first public museum in Prussia. The museum's permanent exhibition entitled “New Antiquity in the Old Museum" (collection of classical antiquities and gold treasury) presents Greek and Roman art and sculptures.
Pergamonmuseum: From 23 October 2023, the Pergamon Museum on Berlin's Museum Island will remain closed to visitors until spring 2027 due to the necessary renovations within the framework of the "Master Plan Museumsinsel" (Master Plan Museum Island). With the Berlin WelcomeCard Museum Island you will instead receive free admission to the exhibition Pergamonmuseum. Das Panorama.