The Berlin WelcomeCard by visitBerlin The official tourist ticket
The official tourist ticket
How does the Berlin WelcomeCard tourist ticket work?
Your advantages at a glance
- Ticket – travel freely on buses, trains and trams in Berlin
- Order conveniently online and print it out at home or have it sent to you
- Online-Ticket can be used immediately in Berlin – no advance booking restrictions
- Rebates of up to 50% at around 200 attractions and sights
- Family friendly – children travel free when accompanied by an adult
Variants and Prices Berlin WelcomeCard
Questions and answers
- Which versions of the Berlin WelcomeCard are available?
- There are 12 different ticket types of the Berlin WelcomeCard
Berlin (fare zone Berlin AB, valid for one adult and up to 3 children up to and including age 14)
- 48 hours for 20 Euros
- 72 hours for 29 Euros
- 4 days for 34 Euros
- 5 days for 38 Euros
- 6 days for 43 Euros
Important: The Berlin WelcomeCards for the fare zone Berlin ABC are required for travel to/from Berlin-Schönefeld Airport.
Berlin + Potsdam (fare zone Berlin ABC, valid for one adult and up to 3 children up to and including age 14)
- 48 hours for 23 Euros
- 72 hours for 32 Euros
- 4 days for 37 Euros
- 5 days for 42 Euros
- 6 days for 47 Euros
BerlinWelcomeCard Museumsinsel (fare zone Berlin AB or Berlin ABC, valid for one adult and up to 3 children up to and including age 14 + inclusive museum island, special exhibitions are excluded)
- Berlin WelcomeCard Museumsinsel 72h AB for 46 Euros
- Berlin WelcomeCard Museumsinsel 72h ABC for 48 Euros
The basic principle is:
With all versions of the Berlin WelcomeCard up to 3 children up to and including age 14 and an infinite number of children up to and including 6 years of age can travel for free. Children under 6 years of age (a maximum of three children on ferries), prams/pushchairs, and luggage travel with the ticket holder free of charge. A reduced fare ticket is required for each dog travelling with the ticket holder. You will need a bicycle ticket to travel with a bicycle.
- Where can I purchase or order the Berlin WelcomeCard?
online or via telephone
- buy tickets online
- via telephone in the Berlin Service Center on the telephone number +49 (0)30- 25 00 25
- at the Berlin Tourist Info Centres
- in many Berlin hotels
- at the sales points of the public transport partners (S-Bahn Berlin GmbH and BVG)
- Berlin WelcomeCard tickets are also available at the ticket machines of the BVG and S-Bahn. You can then receive the corresponding guide in the Berlin Tourist Info Centres as well as at the sales points of the BVG and S-Bahn.
- You can also obtain the Berlin WelcomeCard in the BVG buses.
- Can I purchase the Berlin WelcomeCard at the airports of Berlin?
Yes, you can get the Berlin WelcomeCard at the arrival within the Berlin airports. You can get more useful information about Berlin and the Berlin WelcomeCard at the Berlin Tourist Info Centre at Airport Tegel, at the DER Touristik Airportservices at Airport Tegel and at the Berlin Tourist Info Centre at Airport Schönefeld.
- Where can I redeem my Berlin WelcomeCard Voucher?
You can redeem your Berlin WelcomeCard voucher at all Berlin Tourist Informations. At Schoenefeld Airport (SXF) you additionally redeem your voucher at the Tourist Information Berlin-Brandenburg as well as the counters of our partners DER Touristik Airportservices and Bayer Sprach- und Airport-Service. All sales and redemption points can be found here.
- Where do I receive the guide if I have already purchased the ticket online or at a ticket machine?
- The guide is part of the Berlin WelcomeCard offer, and is to be presented when claiming reductions. You receive the guide when you present your Berlin WelcomeCard ticket (purchased from a ticket machine) in the Berlin Tourist Infos as well as at the sales points of the BVG and S-Bahn.
- How is the time of validity of the Berlin WelcomeCard calculated?
- The Berlin WelcomeCard is valid for 2 to 6 consecutive days depending on which version you have. The 48 hour and 72 hour versions of the Berlin WelcomeCard have a sliding validity period. This means the card is valid from the moment of the first use for 48 or 72 hours. The 4, 5 & 6-day version is valid from the first calendar day of use until midnight of the last calendar day. The ticket has to be devalued in the travel ticket stamping machine before entering the vehicle. The reductions included in the guide are exclusively valid with your Berlin WelcomeCard ticket and only after its devaluation.
- Who falls under the “child” category?
- With all versions of the Berlin WelcomeCard, an infinite number of children up to and including 6 years of age can travel for free. All ticket variants of the Berlin WelcomeCard allow an adult to bring any number of children up to 6 years of age and up to 3 children up to and including 14 years of age free of charge.
- Which providers give discounts not only to adults, but also to children?
- Please see our Berlin WelcomeCard CityGuide
- Which areas are covered by the zones Berlin AB or Berlin ABC?
- The zones A and B each comprise of the original city area, and the outer boundary of zone B is almost identical with the city border. Since April 2008, the Schönefeld Airport lies in fare zone C due to a tariff change of the transport companies. Thus, visitors of Berlin arriving from the Airport Berlin-Schönefeld require the Berlin WelcomeCard with fare zone ABC for unlimited use of the public transport services. The travel zone Berlin C stretches 10 to 15 km into the surrounding vicinity, measured from the city border. Season lines, special lines and journeys with the Deutsche Bahn are excluded.
You cannot extend your Berlin WelcomeCard AB by buying a ticket valid for the C zone.
All areas and stops covered by the tariff area can be seen in the Line network plan for the U- and S-Bahn transport network of Berlin Brandenburg (VBB) as well as the BVG bus network plan.
- Is a group reduction available with the Berlin WelcomeCard?
- No, there are no group reductions.