The most popular tourist ticket
- Includes public transport ticket
- 3 children up to 14 years travel free of charge
- Valid for 2 to 6 days
- Save up to 50% at 180+ attractions
- With CityGuide and map
The Berlin WelcomeCard is your ticket for all public transport within Berlin and, if you wish, also outside the city area.
- TitleFree travel with all busses, trains and ferriesDescriptionYour ticket for all public transport within Berlin.
- TitlePotsdam or BER Airport? Select tariff zone ABC!DescriptionSelect ABC to explore Berlin's surroundings or if you land at BER Airport.
- TitleCarefree free travel in Berlin & surroundingsDescriptionValidate once and use for the entire period. Children up to 14 years of age travel free of charge with adults.
Discover Berlin and save money: more than 180 attractions, sights, restaurants and stages are waiting to be explored!
- TitleDiscover Berlin's most amazing sightsDescriptionHighlights and classics await: visit the Berlin TV Tower, GDR Museum, Madame Tussauds and many more.
- TitleNumerous discounts in all of BerlinDescriptionSave money at famous sights, city tours, in restaurants and theatres.
- TitleGet your tickets cheaperDescriptionA minimum of 25% off the regular price is guaranteed with your Berlin WelcomeCard.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Berlin WelcomeCard.
Use and validity
1. You can buy the Berlin WelcomeCard online or at any of our many sales outlets.
2. Validate the public transport ticket before your first journey on the public transport system in Berlin. You can find ticket validation machines on tube and city railway platforms or in the buses and trams. And remember – only validate your ticket once. Your Berlin WelcomeCard and public transport ticket is now valid for the specified validity period indicated on the ticket. Please note that online ticket is only valid in printed form. Therefore, please print the ticket in A4 format and carry it with you. Unfortunately, tickets on electronic devices can not be accepted at this time. Online tickets do not need to be validated and are valid from the time indicated on the ticket.
3. To benefit from the discounts on attractions and services, you must always show your ticket to each discount partner before using the discounted services. Check the partner's page to see how the discount is redeemed.
The AB fare zone covers Berlin’s urban area.
The ABC fare zone covers not only the city of Berlin but also Potsdam and Airport Berlin Brandenburg (BER).
Unfortunately not. You cannot extend the Berlin WelcomeCard AB fare zone by adding a single connection ticket for the C fare zone. If you are flying into Airport Berlin Brandenburg BER or planning to visit Potsdam, we recommend the ABC ticket.
The 48-hour and 72-hour tickets are valid for exactly 48 hours or 72 hours. For hardtickets, the ticket is valid from the moment of validation. Online tickets (24h/72h variant) are valid from the selected validity day and time.
Example: You have opted for the 48-hour Berlin WelcomeCard. You validate the ticket when you first travel on public transport on Saturday at 9:30 am. The Berlin WelcomeCard and public transport ticket is then valid until 9:29 am on Monday.
The 4, 5 & 6 day variant is valid from the first calendar day of use (for hardtickets) or from the calendar day indicated on the ticket (for online tickets) until midnight of the last calendar day.
Example: You have opted for a 4-day Berlin WelcomeCard. If you validate the ticket at any time on Tuesday, the Berlin WelcomeCard and public transport ticket is then valid until midnight on Friday.
To benefit from the discounts on attractions and services, you must show the valid ticket (not the CityGuide) to each discount partner before using the discounted services. You may also find information on discount redemption in our list for redeeming discounts (PDF) available in the download section.
Do you offer discounts for groups or children?
No, the Berlin WelcomeCard is valid for one adult.
For all variations of the Berlin WelcomeCard, you can be accompanied by any number of children under 6 years old on public transport for free.
For all variations, the adult card holder can also be accompanied by up to 3 children from age 6 up to and including 14 years old on public transport for free.
Children aged 15 and over need their own ticket.
Unfortunately not. The Berlin WelcomeCard is specially designed to include discounts. No other reductions (e.g. for senior citizens or students) are offered.
Online or as a mail order ticket:
- in the Berlin Tourist Info Centres
- in many Berlin hotels and in retail outlets
- at sales points and public transport ticket machines (BVG and S-Bahn Berlin). To collect your accompanying CityGuide, simply present your ticket at a Berlin Tourist Info Centre or one of the BVG + S-Bahn public transport sales points
- in the BVG buses
- Hardtickets: available for AB and ABC fare zones
This is the ticket you can buy in Berlin (at the Tourist Info Centres, hotels, retail outlets and public transport (BVG and S-Bahn) sales points and ticket machines). Before using puplic transport, Hardtickets must be validated (stamped) just once.
- Online Ticket: available for AB and ABC fare zones
After the booking process is completed, the ticket is sent to the email address you entered. You can then print the ticket out. The ticket is valid from the printed time. It does not need to be validated.
- Mail order ticket: : available for AB and ABC fare zones
- Details on the delivery charges are available at shop.visitberlin.de/versand; average delivery times within Germany are 5 working days (sent with DHL), in countries within Europe 5-10 working days and in other countries 10-14 working days. More details in our terms and conditions.
Just present your valid or printed ticket in any of the Berlin Tourist Info Centres and you will be given your inclusive CityGuide and city map. You can also obtain your CityGuide and map from the at the Welcome Center at Airport Berlin-Brandenburg BER.
- First day of use; for 48-hour and 72-hour tickets, first day of use and time of validation
- Ticket holder’s first and last name
- Email address for confirmation email
- Postal address
- Details of preferred payment option
- Credit card (Mastercard, VISA, Amex)
Unfortunately not. The tickets can neither be cancelled or refunded. It is also not possible to exchange the ticket for one valid for a longer or a shorter time. You can find all the details in our terms and conditions.
If you haven’t received an email confirmation with the voucher or print @home ticket, first check your spam filter or junk folder. If you still cannot find the email, contact our team at the Berlin Service Center by email at reservierung [at] visitBerlin.de.
For more information, contact our Berlin Service Center team by email at reservierung [at] visitBerlin.de.
Various official regulations, e.g. with regard to hygiene and distance, may have to be observed at the departure point as well as at the holiday destination Berlin. In Berlin, for example, on local public transport, in restaurants and cultural institutions people are obliged to wear a mouth and nose covering. The use of the participating service providers' facilities may be made subject to compliance with the applicable distance and hygiene regulations. Berlin may be declared a high-risk area shortly before or during your stay (also partially). You can therefore expect mandatory testing for COVID-19 and the introduction of quarantine measures, even on your return. Furthermore, if you are staying in Berlin, you may be required to provide written confirmation that you have not stayed in a high-risk area within the last 14 days. Moreover, there may be an obligation to provide a medical certificate stating that a molecular biological test has not revealed any evidence of COVID-19 infection. Costs arising in connection with official measures shall be borne by the buyer.
Buyers must inform themselves independently about the regulations that are in force in Berlin and cooperate in the fulfilment of these regulations. In particular, the website of the Robert Koch Institute (https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Situationsberichte/Gesamt.html) and the website of the State of Berlin are to be used (https://www.berlin.de/corona) for this purpose. Please note that the situation may change daily. In all other respects, our cancellation policy in accordance with § 10 of these general terms and conditions applies. Consequently, the statutory right of withdrawal does not apply to the purchase of tourist tickets that are subject to these General Terms and Conditions.