The BerlinWelcomeCard all inclusive is the Official Berlin City Pass, which gives you free admission to 30 Berlin Highlights. Here you will find answers to the frequently asked questions about the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive. Your question is not listed? The Berlin Service Center will gladly help you by phone!
- What services are included in the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive?
With the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive, you get free admission to 30 attractions, museums, sightseeing trips, and tours, e.g. the hop-on hop-off bus tour. In addition, you get discounts of up to 30% at various theatres & shows, in restaurants, and for shopping in selected shops.
The optionally bookable ticket for the Berlin ABC tariff area allows you to travel freely by public transport.
With your Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive you also get a practical Berlin City Guidebook with many tips and tours, information about all the partners, and a city map.
- How does the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive work?
- The Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive comprises a plastic card with scannable codes and a public transport ticket which must be validated ONCE before your first journey. If you have opted for a voucher, you need to exchange it in the Berlin Tourist Info Centres for the valid plastic card and public transport ticket.
- Write your name and the date of the first day of validity on the back of the card.
- The card is only valid for the named holder with valid ID and when all fields are filled in.
- You must always show your Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive to each discount partner before using the discounted services. Where attractions are included, the barcode is scanned. You can only visit each of the attractions once during the period your card is valid. A repeat entry is not allowed.
- The attractions and services included are detailed in the CityGuide and marked online. In addition, you can also benefit from the other discounts (over 180) with the Berlin WelcomeCard partners. You can find an overview in the accompanying CityGuide + map.
- My card does not work – what should I do?
If the scannable codes on the plastic card do not work, contact a member of our team in the Berlin Tourist Info Centres. There you can exchange your plastic card for free.
- Where can I use Fast Lane/ Express Lane Entry?
The CityGuide marks all partners of included attractions or services granting Fast Track Entry privileges. This is also noted online on the discount partner’s website.
In summer, some attractions can become very busy. If there is already a queue for entry at an Express ticket desk or for the Berlin TV Tower elevator, holders of the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive are not given further Fast Track privileges to skip these lines as well.
- What is the difference between the types of tickets?
If you have received a voucher, you can exchange it for the plastic card and public transport ticket together with the CityGuide at the following places: any of the Berlin Tourist Info Centres and at Schönefeld Airport at the Berlin-Brandenburg Tourist Information.
- What is the entrance procedure with the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive?
The Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive entitles you to free entry to the participating inclusive partners. Your card will be scanned on site, and if it is valid you will be given an entrance ticket. Please refer to the Guidebook to see which partners require booking in advance.
- Where can I buy the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive?
Before your arrival
You can receive the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive from the Online Shop as a ticket voucher for redeeming in one of the Berlin tourist Information offices and as a ticket sent by post.
You can also order the Berlin WelcomeCard by calling the Berlin Service Centre at tel. +49 (0)30- 25 00 25.
In Berlin, you can buy the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive at the following Berlin Tourist Information offices:
- Where can I exchange my Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive ticket voucher?
Your ticket voucher can be exchanged for the physical ticket and the guide at Berlin Tourist Information offices. If you are flying to Berlin, you can exchange your ticket at the airport in Tegel at the Tourist Information office in terminal A01 and at Schönefeld airport at the Tourist Information office in terminal A.
If you are arriving by train, you can visit the Berlin Tourist Information office at the main railway station, located at the Europaplatz exit.
- Can I buy the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive at the Berlin airports?
- The Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive can be purchased at both Tegel and Schönefeld airport at the Tourist Information offices.
- What area does the Tariff area Berlin ABC cover?
- The tariff area Berlin ABC covers the whole city of Berlin up to the city limits as well as wider Berlin in a ring of approx. 10 - 15km. The city of Potsdam and Schönefeld Airport are also covered. All areas and stops covered by the tariff area can be seen in the Line network plan for the transport network of Berlin Brandenburg (VBB).
- How is the validiy period for the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive calculated?
- The Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive is valid for 2-4 consecutive days depending on which version you have. The 48 hour and 72 hour versions of the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive have a sliding validity period. This means the card is valid from the moment of the first use for 48 or 72 hours. The 4-day version is valid from the first calendar day of use until midnight of the fourth calendar day.
- What should be considered for the Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive for children?
- Children aged 3-14 years require a Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive for children. Youths aged 15 and over require a Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive for adults. The Berlin WelcomeCard all inclusive for children does not include a separate public transport ticket. Up to three children aged 14 and under can travel free of charge with a holder of an adult WelcomeCard all inclusive.