Citysightseeing Potsdam allows visitors to explore Brandenburg’s capital’s best attractions at their own speed. Half-hourly tour buses cover the route stopping at 12 of Potsdam’s best sites. Guests are free to hop on and off the bus as they please, which means no getting lost or missing out on attractions. The tour itself takes an hour and 45 minutes, meaning those pressed for time, or those who would rather relax, can still enjoy the best Potsdam has to offer in a stress-free manner.
Potsdam: an architectural treasure trove
Awe inspiring palaces and historic parks lay side by side in Germany’s much-loved Potsdam. From Sanssouci Palace, with its exquisite baroque detail, to the Weberviertel, with its strange architectural builds, sightseeing in Potsdam won’t disappoint. Once the Royal Seat of Prussia, Potsdam is now full of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and that’s not all. The town is also home to some world class museums including the Museum of Natural History, the Potsdam Museum and the Film Museum. Potsdam’s Gothic treasures and stunning parklands can be enjoyed to the fullest with Citysightseeing Potsdam.
See the best of Potsdam with Citysightseeing Potsdam
Discover the most fascinating spots of Potsdam in your own time with this 105-minute bus tour with live commentary and multi-lingual audio guides:
- Sanssouci Palace: A Rococo-style palace sitting in stunning gardens, packed with hidden follies.
- Dutch Quarter: Dutch red-brick houses, boutiques and cafés characterise this neighbourhood.
- Grand Obelisk: On Sanssouci Park’s western edge, this monument dates back to the 18th century.
- Marble Palace: Nestled between two lakes and Whitsuntide Hill, the Marble Palace is home to an orangery, Gothic library and shingle house.
- Cecilienhof Palace: This plush palace is open to the public as a museum and hotel.
The Berlin WelcomeCard: the best way to see Potsdam and the surrounding area
The best way to travel from Berlin and go sightseeing in Potsdam is with the Berlin WelcomeCard. Offering free rides on the U-Bahn, S-Bahn, buses and trams, the Berlin WelcomeCard also gives you up to 50% discounts on 200 top attractions. You can choose your fare zone and duration, and with the tarif zone ABC travel to Potsdam im included. For great discounts on food and drink, as well as attractions, choose trouble-free travel with the Berlin WelcomeCard.